Branigan Cultural Center Open Call for Submissions for 2018 Exhibits
Branigan Cultural Center seeks proposals for exhibits with themes of cultural and historical significance relating to the Southwest to be presented in 2018. Branigan Cultural Center is accepting submissions from artists (solo and group), from formal and informal scholars, and cultural heritage organizations.
To apply, complete the form at www.surveymonkey.com/r/LCMS2017.
Proposals must be received by 5pm on Friday, April 7, 2017. Applications must include a brief (1-4 paragraph(s)) narrative, should include artist(s) statement or group’s mission, 5 to 10 jpg images of proposed work (or those of similar style and quality), and linear and/or square footage needs. Exhibits will run for a 6 to 12 week period. Incomplete or late proposals will not be accepted.
- Exhibits will be in 2018 with dates to be determined by the Las Cruces Museum System.
- The Branigan Cultural Center displays exhibits in four different spaces, ranging from approximately 700 sq. ft. to 1,400 sq. ft. (30 linear feet to 115 linear feet).
- Final determination of which pieces will be displayed and square footage devoted to exhibits will be made by the Museum System exhibit staff.
- Preference will be given to exhibitions that demonstrate a strong connection to the cultural and historic heritage of the Mesilla Valley and Southern New Mexico.
- Submissions are accepted electronically here.
- You must upload 5 to 10 high resolution jpg images of the works intended for exhibition (or works of similar style).
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website las-cruces.org/museums or call 541-2154. The Branigan Cultural Center is located at 501 N. Main Street. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday from 10am to 4:30pm, and Saturday from 9am to 4:30pm.